Throughout Scripture giving to God and to others is an underlying foundation of faithful God-honouring life.
Giving is a response to the grace that God extends to us. While we can never match the extent of God’s giving, we should seek to respond to the grace God has given us through our actions and our attitudes.
Giving should never be a matter of guilt, rather we should give freely, joyfully, and generously. Giving is a seed you sow, an investment in the Kingdom of God, it is not a debt you owe.
As a local church, we aim to live in Christ, and to grow as a Community of Faith, Hope, Love, and Joy, all the while we seek to grow God’s kingdom one life at a time.
We can all play our part in this by prayer and by the giving of our time and talents. But we can also impact the vision by giving money. When more is given, more is possible.
Our giving should be proportionate to our resources. The Old Testament teaches the principle of tithing and this is a good starting point for New Testament generosity. Tithing simply means giving at least 10% of our income to the kingdom of God.
- a response of gratitude
- a spiritual discipline that you have chosen to perform
- an expression of your love for God
- an expression of your love for others
- an acknowledgment of God as the source of all you have
- a way of contributing to the life, mission, vision, and goals of the Wakatipu Community Presbyterian Church (WCPC)
WCPC is a registered Charity, which means that you can receive a tax rebate from IRD. Contact the church office for a donation number so that we can give you a receipt at the end of each financial year.
How to give:
1. In the Sunday offering
2. Set up an online payment from your bank account, this can be a one-off or an Automatic Payment that repeats as often as you choose. Remember to add your Donation Number and the reason for your donation, i.e. ‘weekly tithe’
3. By Leaving a Bequest
Jesus said: “For where your treasure is,
there your heart will be also.” Matthew 6:21
A bequest can change many lives. You can make a real difference to the good work of your Church by making a Will and choosing to leave a bequest which will be a lasting symbol of your generosity. Past bequests have and are contributing to the development of ministry amongst children and teens, maintaining and developing church facilities, ensuring new opportunities for ministry and mission are taken.
Your bequest is a way of blessing your Church and the future generations who will follow you – would you like to leave a bequest to further the good work of your Church?
The place to start is by talking with your legal advisor to ensure your wishes are met appropriately. You might also like to discuss this with one of the Ministers to understand how a bequest will make a meaningful difference in the future life of the Church.
We encourage giving for mission special projects. These are:
- Nepal Church Planters. We support two Church Planters in Nepal. Each receives $6307/year and this is raised from the generosity of Church members who commit to an extra monthly gift in support of this. Currently (March 2020), we need to increase the support base for this. If 12 people gave an extra $1/day we will cover the shortfall and help the ministry in Nepal to flourish.
- Nepal and Vanuatu general. Money raised strengthens our ability to support the work of the Aashish Presbyterian Church and the Apple of God’s Eyes in Nepal, and the Santo Bush Mission in Vanuatu.
use the bank account below and be sure to include the reason for your gift in the references. It is also helpful to email the church office with the reason for, and details of your gift when you first set this up.
Bank Account details:
Account Name: Wakatipu Presbyterian Church